Academic success depends on several factors. To lead a student to success, several parameters must be checked. Through academic coaching, teachers adopt effective strategies to motivate students to achieve academic goals. The strategies to adopt vary depending on several factors.
Analysis of strategies
The adoption of these motivational strategies cannot assume the same results for every student. The application must therefore be done in a personalized manner in school coaching. Teachers can bring corrective measures to each strategy to accompany the student. Indeed, the coaching to be carried out must be done according to the difficulties or problems of each student. For some students, the blockages may stem from a family problem, while for some, the blockages may stem from an anxiety felt at school itself. It is therefore necessary for the educator to clearly identify the student’s difficulties in school coaching. You can find a Eureka Coaching school coach near you!
The first four motivational strategies
To accompany the students, the teachers adopt eight motivational strategies in school coaching. The first four strategies are :
– Supporting the student in his efforts to reach a goal;
– Indicate to the student that the goal is to understand what we are doing and not to do it quickly;
– Encourage solidarity among students to create a spirit of mutual aid;
– Make students autonomous little by little by giving them responsibilities.
The last four motivational strategies
The second part of teachers’ motivational strategies is as follows:
– Knowing how to punish: that is, knowing how to withdraw privileges when the student has not done well;
– Encouraging: Encouraging and congratulating the student when he or she has done a good job;
– Citing good examples: Citing the names of students who have done outstanding work to encourage other students to do well;
– Encourage cognitive stimulation: encourage the student to take up the challenge.
To make school coaching effective, parents need to work closely with teachers. They can then adopt some of these strategies to accompany their children.