The IT sector is one of the businesses not affected by the global health crisis. As a result, the job offer is diversifying towards experts who master the field. Companies are even creating jobs that did not exist before, just to strengthen their presence on the web. The search for specialists is becoming so widespread that vocational training centers are adapting their curricula to better meet these needs. Zoom on a sector in full evolution!
Training adapted to the needs of the company
Digital and internet technologies are omnipresent in everyday life. In order to be closer to customers, companies are creating applications to make things easier for users. The technological service offer is increasingly diversified. Today, IT is involved in all sectors of the economy, starting with the visibility of a website, transport management, and database management. More relevant positions are created to satisfy a need, and offer the best service to customers. Today, sectors such as consulting firms, shopping malls, and recruitment agencies are in need of IT specialists.
To meet these needs, specialized study centers are adapting their programs to provide companies with more relevant skills. As a result, there are a number of accredited higher education institutes that offer both short and long-term courses leading to state-recognized diplomas. These diplomas can be specialties in development, in artificial intelligence, even in digital law. The trend is tending to become more generalized and interests young people to migrate to the sectors of the future. The village employment center avis is one of the precursors of these programs that lead to a job. Their offer is not limited to mentoring, but goes far beyond that by providing work for the unemployed and young graduates. If you are interested in these centers that lead to a paid job, click on job village avis.
“Emerging” jobs in the new information and communication technologies sector
Today, more and more companies are creating jobs to be more competitive. These specialists will have more specific, more concentrated tasks while avoiding the slightest errors in the operation of services. Knowing the existence of these positions, the labor market has also adapted by valuing engineers and specialists in a discipline. And with the automation of operating systems, the synchronization of software with particular devices or the use of robotics in the management of connected cars, these “emerging” positions have found shoes to fill.
The three specializations concerned by these emerging positions are software developers, the new technologies and information systems sector, and the Internet. Companies are competing for skilled workers from these three groups at high cost. However, most of the contracts lead to a CDI (Permanent Contract). Other than the experienced ones, beginners also have their place in recruiting in order to bring in new ideas and to replace workers who are about to retire. Novices can be found in transportation management, software development, artificial intelligence, cyber security, biotechnology in medicine and the nanotechnology sector.
The most sought-after specialties
Over the next twenty years or so, work related to information systems will still be the most sought-after. These skills are provided by engineers and technicians.
Among the specializations is :
- Artificial intelligence, which is highly sought-after by companies that design connected devices and need an expert to synchronize various software with the navigation system of means of transport ;
- site reliability (known as SIRE or Site Reliability Engineer), which ensures the durability of a website and the applications that go with it;
- the data manager, whose job is to analyze the flow of data circulating on the company network, interpret it and publish reports. The person in charge of this position must be versatile, master the language of the web and programming in addition to calculations and statistics;
- the development and operations manager, who performs the functions of web developer, system administrator and network infrastructure.
Other specialties that require high-level skills are :
- the data scientist whose role is to interpret the data and formulate a decision support report;
- the IT recruiter who is familiar with the needs of the company and the skills required in the information system;
- and the cybersecurity specialist who protects sensitive data from external threats by applying file protection procedures.
The most recruited skills in the Internet field
The Internet sector is one of the sectors that are not experiencing the crisis. During the containment, all companies have outsourced their production units to work in their homes with an internet connection. On the other hand, the other companies that depend on the internet are fighting for the experts in the field. Among these people are :
- the community manager whose role is to manage the company’s brand image in social networks by regularly publishing news, photos and videos. It is rather a profile that can be provided by a literary ;
- the web developer, a position that will always be in demand if one wishes to remain visible on all fronts of the internet channel. The developer must have knowledge in programming, site configuration and performance analysis. All companies that operate in the sector need this specialty such as web agencies, freelancer platforms and digital companies;
- the SEO consultant who ensures the visibility of a website. It is the person who defines the editorial line and the evaluation of the site’s performance ;
- the traffic manager is the person in charge of the webmarketing part of the site, the statistical analysis of the traffic and the paid and natural referencing.
Recruitment in favor of young people
Due to the lack of skills that most often do not respond to the job offer, generalist diplomas have become obsolete. Needs change every year so that vocational training cannot keep pace. Companies are turning to recruiting young people without work experience in the hope of offering them an enriching immersion. These young people come from the main engineering schools. To balance the demand, candidates from literary profiles also have vacancies in the new technologies sector. To orient them towards the sector, certain government actions and private initiatives have created information system (IS) study centers. On the one hand, the State has endeavored to set up specialized training courses such as the Grande École du Numérique (Digital School), which offers short courses, Operational Preparation for Employment and work-study apprenticeships.